Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today is the day! We're on the Harding bus right now driving to the airport. I kind of thought I'd  never actually be here. It seemed like the time was never going to come. I'd spend hour after hour after hour (literally...I'd skip class cause i didn't have enough hours in the day) sitting in my ACU dorm calling, emailing, and filling out paper work like crazy. I'd finish one checklist and someone would give me another one. I felt like it was never going to come together. My sweet roommate and friends and parents would always tell me that it'd eventually be worth it...and of course, they were right. I had and still have nothing to worry about. God has it in His hands. 
These few days of prep have been great! I've loved spending time with my Harding group and getting to know them, but of course I can't help but miss my ACU friends...y'all are so special to me and I'm going to miss spending the semester with you! As fun and exciting as change is, it's also a little sad. I guess that's the way it's supposed to be though. It makes me realize the importance of my friendships and how blessed I am to have people that I can miss that much! I'm reminded that one day ALL my friends will be together in one place, the most perfect place. I won't have to miss anyone because we'll all be there praising our God! 
WELL... our plane leaves at 10:09 today from Memphis...3 hours! We'll fly to Chicago, D.C., Senegal, South Africa, and eventually Zambia! It'll be Thursday around noon when we finally get there! What an exciting day that will be! We'll travel to Kaloma, Zambia where the Namwianga Mission is and we'll make our home there! I don't know when we'll have Internet but I'll update in Zambia the first chance I get. This crazy adventure is beginning! God's written this story for me and each one of my teammates, and I can't wait to see what it holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment